High quality canvas tarps, or tarpaulins, are as versatile as they come, and are made from durable, natural materials that are often coated in a waterproof urethane. This means that, in spite of other manufacturers’ claims, not all tarps are the same quality, nor do they provide equal user experiences for all people.
Many times, as we have heard consumers say they have experienced, the grommets and stitching from lesser quality tarps break off and come undone, rendering the tarp useless for most practical purposes.
When looking for a canvas tarp for your next painting project, tenting, boat covering, and so on, look for these signs of excellence:
- Made from 100% cotton canvas material.
- Rust-resistant grommets that outlast through decades of use.
- Hems that feature double-stitching for rugged durability.
- Large thread shaft.
Unsure if a canvas tarp is what you need? Here are 5 aspects of canvas tarps that you may not have known, making it easier to decide that you need a canvas tarp for your next project, camping experience, vehicle cover, and so on.
1. Canvas tarps are durable but resistant to abrasiveness.
2. Made from breathable yet resilient, natural materials, yet water-resistant.
3. Canvas, when used as a drop cloth, absorbs paint better than plastic.
4. Constructed from 100% cotton and are safe for the environment.
5. More so than plastic, canvas tarps have a classic, rustic look.
Canvas tarps are useful, adaptable, and made from recognizable ingredients so you know that they are safe and not harmful to the environment. We recommend picking up a few canvas tarps to have available around your home.
For additional information on tarps of any kind, please contact us via email. Or, for those who prefer telephones, we invite you to call our customer service representatives at (877)811-3911 and learn how we can provide for your needs today.